dimarts, 29 de novembre del 2011

Ilustrísimo Sr. Cohen



Darkness

I caught the darkness baby,
Drinking from your cup,
I caught the darkness baby,
from your little ruby cup.
I said is this contagious?
You said ‘just drink it up’

I’ve got no future,
I know my days are few
The present’s not that pleasant
just a lot of things to do
I thought the past would last me
but the darkness got there too

I should have seen it coming
it was right behind your eyes
you were young and it was summer
ahhh-I had to take a dive
yeah winning you was easy
but the darkness was the prize

I don’t use no cigerette
and I can’t taste the alcohol
I ain’t had much loving yet
ah but that’s always been your call
ever since the darkness
doesn’t make much sense to me at all

I used to love the rainbow
And I used to love the view
I loved the early morning
and I pretended it was new
but I caught the darkness baby
and I got it worse than you

caught the darkness
drinking from your cup
I caught the darkness
drinking from your cup
I said is this contagious?
you said ‘just drink it up’

Leonard Cohen

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada